Monday, July 9, 2018

Dreams


Lately I’ve been lost in thought about how wild dreams are. I mean, it’s just crazy how easily they can affect us. Maybe it’s not like that for everyone, but it is for me. Too often I have a dream that sparks a feeling in me that sticks for days and days. Sometimes it’s good, most of the time it’s not. Usually it stirs up old thoughts in my mind from not so great points in my life. 


Okay, so for example, last night I had a normal dream. It wasn’t anything particularly happy or sad, just something that felt real, like an everyday life type of thing. Then, at the very end, I ran and jumped up into someone’s arms for a hug. See, that person isn’t around anymore, and I even knew that in the dream. After the hug, I gave them a look and paused for a second, realizing how weird it felt. The hug felt too real. I woke up and felt it all over my body right then and there, and it was just how it used to feel. It was like every inch of my skin had déjà vu. 

Has anyone else ever had that feeling of déjà vu on their skin? I kinda feel like I'm crazy.


I haven’t been able to get the feeling off my skin all day and it’s driving me just a little crazy. It’s not necessarily upsetting me, but it’s not pleasant either. Let’s pray for dreams of puppies, berries, Bob Ross, or ice cream tonight (all of the above would be marvelous!).

Disclaimer: I have good dreams too! I just usually forget them not long after I wake up. It's the bad that tend to stick like velcro.

No comments:

Post a Comment